Aston-Blank (St. Andrew)
ASTON-BLANK (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Bradley, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4½ miles (N. by E.) from Northleach; containing 302 inhabitants. This parish, which comprises 2200 acres, is situated about half a mile from the Stow road, and is bounded on the north and north-east by the river Windrush. The neighbourhood has been much improved by the inclosure of waste lands, and by the plantations made by the lord of the manor. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 12. 4.; net income, £151; patron, the Crown. The tithes were commuted for land and annual money payments, in 1795; the glebe consists of 3 acres.