ASTLEY, ABBOTS, a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth, hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 2 miles (N.) from Bridgnorth; containing 657 inhabitants. This parish, which comprises about 3200 acres, is intersected by the road from Bridgnorth to Broseley, and by the river Severn. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the family of Whitmore: the tithes have been commuted for £255. 15., and there are 51½ acres of rectorial glebe. The church, which is in the later English style, was built in 1638; the chancel is of modern date. A parochial school was endowed by Mrs. C. Phillips, in 1805, with £300 in the three per cent. consols.