Acton-Scott (St. Margaret)
ACTON-SCOTT (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Church-Stretton, hundred of Munslow, S. division of Salop, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Church-Stretton; containing 204 inhabitants. It is situated on the new road from Wenlock to Bishop's Castle, and contains by measurement 1600 acres of land, all cultivated, excepting about 200 under plantation and coppice. The surface is hilly, abounding in bold, and in some parts romantic, scenery; the soil comprises several varieties; and stone is quarried for building and the repair of roads. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 10., and in the gift of E. W. W. Pendarves, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £230, and there are 61 acres of glebe.