ACTON-ROUND, a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth, hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 3¾ miles (S. S. E.) from Much-Wenlock, and 6 (W. N. W.) from Bridgnorth; containing 180 inhabitants. This parish, which is intersected by the road from Much-Wenlock to Bridgnorth, comprises by computation 2126a. 2r.; the soil is a red clay; the prospect embraces the Clee hills, the highest in the county. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £85; patron and impropriator, Sir John Acton, Bart. Certain tithes were commuted for land under an inclosure act in 1773: there are about 25 acres of glebe, of which 14 are near Bromsgrove, in Worcestershire, and 11 in the parish of Stottesden. The church is a neat edifice, the walls of which are ornamented with monuments to the memory of the Actons, by one of whom, Sir Richard, the chancel was built in 1761.