Ashreigney, or Ring's Ash (St. James)
ASHREIGNEY, or Ring's Ash (St. James), a parish, in the union of Torrington, hundred of North Tawton, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Chulmleigh; containing 1088 inhabitants. The parish comprises 4800 acres, of which 410 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £24, and in the patronage of the Rev. J. T. Johnson: the tithes have been commuted for £450, and there are 70 acres of glebe. A national school is endowed with £10 per annum.