Ashperton (St. Bartholomew)
ASHPERTON (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Ledbury, hundred of Radlow, county of Hereford, 5¼ miles (N. W. by W.) from Ledbury; containing 604 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1741 acres; and is intersected by the road from Leominster to Ledbury, and the new canal from Ledbury to Hereford. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Stretton-Grandsome: the tithes have been commuted for £350. 15.; and there is a quarter of an acre of glebe, on which a school-house for boys has been built. The parliamentary army was stationed at a place in the parish, still called Cromwell's Walls.