Ashow (St. Mary)
ASHOW (St. Mary), a parish, in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, union, and S. division of the county, of Warwick, 2½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Kenilworth; containing 172 inhabitants. The parish contains by measurement 1000 acres, of which about 800 are arable and pasture, and 200 woodland; the soil is chiefly red sand and clay. The lands are intersected by the river Avon. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 2. 1., and in the patronage of Lord Leigh: the tithes have been commuted for £216. 17., and the glebe consists of about 12 acres.