Acton-Beauchamp (St. Giles)
ACTON-BEAUCHAMP (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Bromyard, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Worcester and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 4 miles (S. E.) from Bromyard; containing 217 inhabitants. The area is 1524 acres, of which 717 are arable, 570 pasture, 150 woodland, and 82 hop-ground, &c.; the surface is very hilly, and the soil mostly a strong clay, but in some parts sandy; the scenery is beautiful, and embraces extensive views. The parish is intersected by the roads from Worcester to Hereford, and from Bromyard to Malvern; and is surrounded on all sides except the east by the county of Hereford. There are quarries of stone for building. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4, and in the patronage of Mrs. Cowpland: the tithes have been commuted for £270, and the glebe consists of 42 acres, with a house. A school is supported by the rector. Here are some mineral springs.