Ashley (St. Mary)
ASHLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Market-Harborough, hundred of Corby, N. division of the county of Northampton, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Rockingham; containing 323 inhabitants. On the north the parish is bounded by the river Welland, which separates it from Leicestershire; it consists of 1182a. 2r. 20p. of a rich and fertile soil. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17; net income, £320; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Richard Farrer. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under an inclosure act, in 1806.