Ashfordby, or Asfordby (All Saints)
ASHFORDBY, or Asfordby (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of East Goscote, N. division of the county of Leicester, 3 miles (W.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 482 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1800 acres, of which two-thirds are grazing, and one-third arable land; and is situated on the river Wreak, which communicates with the Leicester and Melton-Mowbray navigation, and over which is a bridge. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15. 11. 8., and in the patronage of the Rev. A. Burnaby, the present incumbent, and his two sisters, with a net income of £455: the tithes were commuted for land in 1761, under an inclosure act.