Ashby-Puerorum (St. Andrew)
ASHBY-PUERORUM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Horncastle, hundred of Hill, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Horncastle; containing, with the hamlet of Stainsby, and Holbeck extra-parochial, 111 inhabitants. Ashby Puerorum, which comprises 1500 acres, chiefly arable, derives its affix from its connexion with the singing boys of Lincoln Cathedral, for whose benefit the great tithes are received. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 3. 2.; net income, £118; patrons, the Dean and Chapter.