Ashby-Folville (St. Mary)
ASHBY-FOLVILLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of East Goscote, N. division of the county of Leicester, 6 miles (S. W. by S.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing, with the chapelry of Bardsby, 437 inhabitants. It comprises 2829a. 1r. 13p. of which 2298 acres are pasture, 461 arable, and 70 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £9; net income, £170; patron, Mr. Black; impropriators, the family of Johnston. Lord Carrington, in 1673, founded and endowed an almshouse for seven poor men or women, the endowment of which produces £135 per annum.