Ashby (St. Mary)
ASHBY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Loddon and Clavering, hundred of Loddon, E. division of Norfolk, 7½ miles (S. E.) from Norwich; containing 263 inhabitants. The waste lands were inclosed under an act passed in 1837. The living is a rectory, united to that of Carleton, and valued in the king's books at £6. The church consists of a nave and chancel, with a square tower; the entrance on the south is through a rich Norman doorway.