ASHBY, a township, in the parish of Bottesford, union of Glandford-Brigg, E. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 6½ miles (W. by S.) from Glandford-Brigg; containing 429 inhabitants. The village is large and pleasant, and the township comprises about 2100 acres, extending over the western ridge of the Wolds to the river Trent, near which is a tract of moory land that has just undergone the process of warping. There is a decoy, abounding in wild-duck and other aquatic birds; in the immediate vicinity of which, a handsome mansion was built in 1841, by H. Healey, Esq. Forty acres of land were awarded to the vicar of the parish at the inclosure. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.