Ashby (St. Helen)
ASHBY (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Wold division of the wapentake of Candleshoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 2¼ miles (E. by N.) from Spilsby; containing 160 inhabitants. It comprises 906 acres by measurement. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10. 2½.; net income, £157, arising from 135 acres of land allotted in 1811 in lieu of tithes by an inclosure act; patrons, the Representatives of the late Dr. Fowler, Bishop of Ossory. The church was rebuilt in 1841.