Apley (St. Andrew)
APLEY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the W. division of the wapentake of Wraggoe, parts of Lindsey, union and county of Lincoln, 3 miles (S. W.) from Wragby; containing 162 inhabitants. It comprises 1660 acres, of which 250 are woodland; the surface is flat, and the soil a cold clay, subject to inundation from a stream that divides Apley from the parish of Stainfield. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £6; net income, £20; patron and impropriator, T. Tyrwhitt Drake, Esq. Formerly a church existed; but at present there is only a small building erected on its site, in which the minister reads the funeral service, and the parishioners hold their vestries.