ANTINGHAM, a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. W.) from North Walsham; containing 271 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from North Walsham to Cromer, and comprises 1509a. 3r. 36p., of which 1356 acres are arable, 33 pasture and meadow, 56 woodland, and 13 water, consisting of two lakes forming the principal source of the river Ant, which was made navigable to the eastern boundary of the parish in 1806. The living of Antingham St. Mary is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 3. 1½.; patron, Lord Suffield. Antingham St. Margaret's is also a discharged rectory, consolidated with the living of North Walsham, and valued at £5. 6. 8. The tithes of St. Mary's have been commuted for £340, with nearly 16 acres of glebe; and those of St. Margaret's for £28. 10. The church of St. Mary is chiefly in the decorated style, with an embattled tower: in the churchyard are the remains of the church of St. Margaret, consisting of its tower and some of its side walls. Neat schoolrooms were erected by the late Lord Suffield, at a cost exceeding £2000.