Anmer (St. Mary)
ANMER (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 11 miles (N. E.) from Lynn; containing 175 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1359 acres, of which 184 are common or waste. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 0. 1., and in the gift of H. Coldham, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £194, and the glebe consists of 70 acres. The church, which is picturesquely situated in the grounds of the Hall, is chiefly in the decorated and later styles, and consists of a nave and chancel, with a chapel on the south side, and an embattled tower. On opening a tumulus a few years ago in the park, a fine Roman urn, containing bones and ashes, was discovered.