ANGERTON, LOW, a township, in the parish of Hartburn, union of Morpeth, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 7½ miles (W. by S.) from Morpeth; containing 64 inhabitants. A branch of the Greys, of Howick, resided here in the 17th century, as tenants under the Earl of Carlisle. It comprises 1075 acres, of which 383 are arable, 646 pasture, and 45½ wood: the river Wansbeck runs through, and is bordered by rich pastures. The village stands on a dry ridge of gravelly alluvium, with the Wansbeck on the north, and flat marshy gullies nearly round the other three sides. The tithes have been commuted for £106, payable to the vicar.