Anderby (St. Andrew)
ANDERBY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from Alford; containing 243 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1200 acres by computation, and extends to the coast of the North Sea, which bounds it on the east; the village is scattered, and is in the manor of Bilsby, a neighbouring parish. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Cumberworth united, valued in the king's books at £13. 10. 2½.; net income, £548; patrons, the President and Fellows of Magdalene College, Cambridge. On the inclosure of the parish, a fixed money payment of £65. 7., and 8 acres of land, were assigned to the rector, in lieu of tithes for the portion inclosed. The church is a plain edifice. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.