Althorp (St. Oswald)
ALTHORP (St. Oswald), a parish, in the union of Thorne, W. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 11 miles (W. by N.) from Glandford-Brigg; containing, with the townships of Amcotts and Keadby, 1184 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £25, and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £400. The tithes of the township of Althorp have been commuted for corn-rents under an act obtained in 1794. There is a chapel of ease at Amcotts.