Allensmore (St. Andrew)
ALLENSMORE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the hundred of Webtree, union and county of Hereford, 4 miles (S. W.) from Hereford; containing 668 inhabitants. The parish is intersected by the road from Hereford to Monmouth, and consists of 1820 acres, the surface being generally level, with an ample proportion of timber. The living is a discharged vicarage, rated in the king's books at £5. 12. 6., and endowed with £400 royal bounty; patron, the Dean of Hereford. The appropriate tithes have been commuted for two rentcharges, each of £125, one payable to the Dean, and the other to the Dean and Chapter; the vicarial tithes have been commuted for £175, and a rent-charge of £7. 6. is paid to impropriators. There are 30 acres of glebe.