ALKMONTON, a township, in the parish of Longford, hundred of Appletree, S. division of the county of Derby, 5¾ miles (S. by E.) from Ashbourn; containing 102 inhabitants. There was anciently an hospital dedicated to St. Leonard, between this place and Hungry-Bentley, in the same parish, to which Walter Blount, Lord Mountjoy, was a benefactor, in 1474. The hospital shared the fate of most other similar establishments, whose constitutions were mingled with religious observances, at the time of the Reformation, and was abolished in 1547. The manor of Alkmonton afterwards belonged successively to the Barnesley, Browne, Stanhope, and Evans families. A chapel of ease has recently been erected, containing 120 sittings. The tithes have been commuted for £28. 15. payable to the rector, and £26 to the vicar, of Longford.