Aldsworth (St. Peter)
ALDSWORTH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Brightwell's Barrow, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3½ miles (S. E.) from Northleach; containing 365 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Vicar of Turkdean; net income, £66. The tithes were commuted for land and an annual money payment, by an inclosure act, in 1793. The peculiar of Aldsworth is regularly inhibited during the bishop's visitation, although his right has been and still continues to be resisted by the patron and ordinary of the peculiar, notwithstanding an award of the Dean of Arches, in 1741, in the bishop's favour.