Aldringham (St. Andrew)
ALDRINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blything. E. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (N. by W.) from Aldborough; containing, with the hamlet of Thorpe, 401 inhabitants. The parish derives its name from the river Alde (by some improperly called the Hundred brook), which separates it from Aldborough; it comprises 1736 acres, whereof 323 are common or waste. A market was formerly held, which has fallen into disuse: there is a small fair on St. Andrew's day, called Cold Fair. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £59; patron and impropriator, Lord Huntingfield, whose tithes have been commuted for £205. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists.