Akely (St. James)
AKELY (St. James), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 2½ miles (N. by E.) from the town of Buckingham; containing 362 inhabitants. This parish, according to a survey made in 1794, when the common was inclosed, comprises 1232a. 1r. 26p.; the soil is a stiff clay, with the exception of some light land in that part which formed the common. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 2. 4.; net income, £245; patrons, the Warden and Fellows of New College, Oxford. There was formerly a chapel of ease at Stockholt, in the parish.