Gurtlownen, Sligo

Historical Description

GURTLOWNEN, a village, in the parish of KILLERY, barony of TIRAGHRILL, county of SLIGO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 2 miles (S. W.) from Dromahaire, on the road to Collooney, containing 24 houses and 112 inhabitants.

Transcribed from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Sligo is available to browse.