GRANGE, a village, in the parish of AHAMPLISH, barony of LOWER CARBERY, county of SLIGO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 8 miles (N.) from Sligo, on the road to Ballyshannon; containing 221 inhabitants. It comprises 40 houses, and has two bridges over the river Banduff, which were erected at the close of the last century. It is a revenue and a constabulary police station, and has fairs, on June 2nd and 28th, July 25th, Aug, 25th, Sept. 29th, Oct. 28th, and Dec. 10th.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Sligo is available to browse.