DROMORE-WEST, a village and post-town, in the parish of KILMACSHALGAN, barony of TYRERAGH, county of SLIGO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 18 miles (W. S. W.) from Sligo, and 113 (N. N. W.) from Dublin, on the mail coach road from Sligo to Ballina; containing 50 inhabitants. It consists of six houses, and in the vicinity are several gentlemen's residences, of which Dromore House is the seat of John Fenton, Esq. Fairs are held on Apr. 6th, June 6th, Aug. 14th, Oct. 15th, and Dec. 21st. A revenue police force has been stationed here.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Sligo is available to browse.