Curry, Sligo

Historical Description

CURRY, a village, in the parish of ACHONRY, barony of LINEY, county of SLIGO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 9 miles (S. W.) from Ballymote, on the road to Swinford, containing about 40 houses and 161 inhabitants. It gives name to the R. C. district, the parochial chapel of which stands here. Fairs are held on Ascension-day, Corpus Christi, and Aug. 9th.

Transcribed from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Sligo is available to browse.