East Layton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Layton, East, a township and a chapelry, partly in Stanwick St John parish and partly in Melsonby parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 5¼ miles N of Richmond. Post town, Darlington; money order and telegraph office, Aldbrough. Acreage, 1061; population, 128. There is a handsome chapel of ease erected in 1894.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of East Layton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: