Danthorp, East Riding of Yorkshire
Danthorp, a village and a township in Humbleton parish, E.R. Yorkshire, 10 miles NE by E of Hull, and 5 from Hedon station on the N.E.R. Post town, Hull; money order office, Preston; telegraph office, Hedon. Acreage, 737, population, 62.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Skirlaugh|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Danthorp from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Danthorpe)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: