Churton by Farndon, Cheshire
Churton-by-Farndon, a township in Farndon parish, Cheshire, on the verge of the county, at the river Dee, 1½ mile N of Farndon, and 7 miles S of Chester, under which it has a post office; money order and telegraph office, Farndon. Acreage, 445; population, 121. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Great Boughton|
|Registration district||Great Boughton||1837 - 1869|
|Registration district||Chester||1870 - 1937|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Churton by Farndon from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.