Arrathorne, North Riding of Yorkshire
Arrathorne, a small township in Hunton chapelry, in the N.R. Yorkshire. It is 6 miles NW from Bedale and 2 from Finghall Lane station on the N.E.R. Area, 671 acres; population, 71. The Duke of Leeds is lord of the manor and principal landowner.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Arrathorne are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: