Argam, East Riding of Yorkshire
Argam or Ergham, a township and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire, on the Wolds, 2½ miles WSW of Speeton railway station, and 5 NW of Bridlington, which is the post town; money order and telegraph office, North Burton. Acreage, 559; population, 40. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York, united to that of Sewerby-cum-Marton; value, £37 with residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Argam St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Bridlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Argam from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Argam, or Ergam (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: