Appleton le Moors, North Riding of Yorkshire
Appleton-le-Moors, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles from Shmington station on the N.E.R. The parish has a post and money order office under Sinnington (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1323; population, 242. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; value, £177 with residence. The church was built in 1865. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Appleton Hall is a spacious modern mansion.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pickering|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Appleton le Moors from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Appleton-Le-Moors)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: