Appleton East and West, North Riding of Yorkshire
Appleton, East and West, a township in Catterick parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles from Catterick Bridge station on the N.E.R. Catterick is the post, money order, and telegraph office. Acreage, 1631; population, 106. The Duke of Leeds is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Richmond|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Appleton East and West from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Appleton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: