West Wellow, Wiltshire
Wellow, West, a township in Wiltshire, 4½ miles from Romsey station on the L. & S.W.R. It has a post and money order office under Romsey; telegraph office, Romsey. Acreage, 1401; population, 631. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. The parish is ecclesiastically annexed to East Wellow. It has an outlying hamlet called Canada, largely occupied by email freeholders. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a church mission hall, which was enlarged in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||East Wellow|
|Poor Law union||Romsey|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Wellow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wellow, West)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: