Teffont Magna, Wiltshire
Teffont Magna, a parish in Wiltshire, 1½ mile NW of Dinton station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Teffont, under Salisbury; money order and telegraph office, Dinton. Acreage, 1734; population, 232. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to Dinton. The church is in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tisbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Teffont Magna from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Teffont Magna)
Online maps of Teffont Magna are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: