Stratford Tony, Wiltshire
Stratford Tony, a parish in Wiltshire, 4¼ miles SW by W of Salisbury station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Salisbury; money order and telegraph office, Wilton. Area, 1181 acres; population of the civil parish, 115; of the ecclesiastical, 155. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £165. Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church was restored in 1882.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stratford St. Anthony or Tony St. Mary|
|Hundred||Cawden and Cadworth|
|Poor Law union||Alderbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Stratford Tony:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stratford Tony from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stratford St. Anthony or Tony (St. Mary))
Online maps of Stratford Tony are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: