Stanton St Quintin, Wiltshire
Stanton St Quintin, a parish in Wiltshire, 5 miles NNW of Chippenham station on the G.W.R. Post town, Chippen-ham; money order and telegraph office, Sutton Benger. Acreage, 1807; population, 255. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Radnor. The church is ancient and good. The Earl of Radnor is lord of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stanton St. Quintin St. Giles|
|Poor Law union||Chippenham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Stanton St Quintin:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stanton St Quintin from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stanton St. Quintin (St. Giles))
Online maps of Stanton St Quintin are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: