Standlinch or Standlynch, Wiltshire
Standlinch or Standlynch, a parish in Wiltshire, on the river Avon, 1 mile from Downton station on the L. & S.W.R., and 5 miles SE by S of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury; money order and telegraph office, Downton. Acreage, 713; population, 72. Standlinch House was built in 1733 by Sir P. Vandeput, and is now the seat of Earl Nelson and called Trafalgar House. There is no living.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Standlinch or Standlynch from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Standlinch)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: