Seagry, a parish in Wiltshire, on the river Avon, 2 miles from Somerford station, and 6 NNE of Chippenham station on the G.W.R. It has a post office under Chippenham; money order and telegraph office, Sutton Benger. Acreage, 1082; population, 202. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £120 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Carnarvon. The church was rebuilt in 1849.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Seagry St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Chippenham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Seagry:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Seagry from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Seagry, Lower and Upper (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: