UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Pertwood, Wiltshire

Historical Description

Pertwood, a parish in Wiltshire, on the Roman road to Old Sarum, 2 miles NW of Hindon, and 1½ mile from Warminster station on the G.W.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Hindon. Acreage, 450; population, 36. In 1885 the parish was amalgamated for civil purposes with the parishes of East Knowle and Sutton Verney. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £70. The church is good, and has been enlarged.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWiltshire 
Ecclesiastical parishPertwood St. Peter 
HundredWarminster 
Poor Law unionMere 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Pertwood:

BaptismsBannsMarriagesBurials
1715-1916 1608-18291802-1875

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Pertwood from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: