UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

North Tidworth, Wiltshire

Historical Description

Tidworth, North (generally called Tedworth), a parish, with a village, in Wiltshire, 2 miles SW of Ludgershall station on the Midland and South-Western Junction railway. It has a post office under Marlborough; money order and telegraph office, Ludgershall. Acreage, 3095; population, 241. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury; gross value, £250. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a building of flint and stone, and has been restored. There are almshouses for four persons.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWiltshire 
Ecclesiastical parishNorth Tidworth Holy Trinity 
HundredAmesbury 
Poor Law unionAndover 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for North Tidworth:

BaptismsBannsMarriagesBurials
1620-19171811-18231623-19331620-1951

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for North Tidworth from the following:


Maps

Online maps of North Tidworth are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online:

CountyWiltshire
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtSP9
Post TownTidworth

Advertisement

Advertisement