UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Manningford Bohun, Wiltshire

Historical Description

Manningford Bohun, a tithing in Wilsford parish, Wiltshire, on the river Avon, 3 miles SW of Pewsey station on the G.W.R.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWiltshire 
Civil parishWilsford 
HundredSwanborough 
Poor Law unionPewsey 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Churches

Church of England

All Saints (parish church)

The church of All Saints is a building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a western turret containing one bell: there are three stained windows and 154 sittings.

Baptist

Particular Baptist Chapel

The Particular Baptist chapel was built in 1809 and had seating for 70 persons.

Particular Baptist Chapel

The Particular Baptist chapel was built in 1842 and had seating for 50 persons.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Manningford Bohun from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: