East Kennet, Wiltshire
Kennet, East, a parish in Wiltshire, on the river Kennet, near its source, 5 miles from Marlborough station on the G.W.R. Post town, Marlborough; money order and telegraph office, Overton. Acreage, 786; population, 70. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; gross value, £125 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1864 on the site of the previous, one, and is in the Early English style. There is a village dispensary and hospital, and a parish room, erected in 1883.
The register dates from the year 1620.
Church of England
Christ Church (parish church)
Christ Church is a stone building in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and spire, and containing 5 bells: the church was restored in 1864, and affords 120 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: