UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Weston Market, Suffolk

Historical Description

Weston Market, a parish in Suffolk, 7 miles W from Diss station on the G.E.R., and 9 from Thetford. It has a post office under Thetford; money order office, Hopton; telegraph office, Garboldisham. Acreage, 979; population of the civil parish, 212; of the ecclesiastical, 237. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £190 with residence. The church of St Mary is an ancient structure of flint in the Early English style, with a square western tower. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishMarket-Weston St. Mary 
HundredBlackbourn 
Poor Law unionThetford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Weston Market from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

Advertisement

Advertisement