UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Washbrook, Suffolk

Historical Description

Washbrook, a parish, with a village, in Suffolk, 2½ miles N of Capel station on the G.E.R., and 3½ SSW of Ipswich. Post town, Ipswich. Acreage, 1501; population of the civil parish, 337; of the ecclesiastical, with Copdock, 648. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Copdock. The church is a small but interesting building of stone in the Early English style with a square tower, and was restored in 1886. There is a Baptist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishWashbrook St. Mary 
HundredSamford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Washbrook from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Washbrook are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictBabergh
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP8
Post TownIpswich

Advertisement

Advertisement