UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Troston, Suffolk

Historical Description

Troston, a parish, with a village, in Suffolk, 7 miles NNE of Bury St Edmunds, and 4 from Ingham station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Bury St Edmunds; money order and telegraph office, Ixworth. Acreage, 1797; population, 268. Troston Hall is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is built of flint with stone facings. It has been well restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountySuffolk 
Ecclesiastical parishTroston St. Mary 
HundredBlackbourn 
Poor Law unionThingoe 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Troston from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Suffolk is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Troston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Suffolk papers online:

DistrictSt. Edmundsbury
CountySuffolk
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtIP31
Post TownBury St. Edmunds

Advertisement

Advertisement